Dynamo is a tool to help developers write some types of Ada Applications which use the Ada Server Faces or Ada Database Objects frameworks. Dynamo provides several commands to perform one specific task in the development process: creation of an application, generation of database model, generation of Ada model, creation of database.
The new version of Dynamo provides:
- A new command
build-docto extract some documentation from the sources,
- The generation of MySQL and SQLite schemas from UML models,
- The generation of Ada database mappings from UML models,
- The generation of Ada beans from the UML models,
- A new project template for command line tools using ADO,
- A new distribution command to merge the resource bundles.
The most important feature is probably the Ada code generation from a UML class diagram. With this, you can design the data model of an application using ArgoUML and generate the Ada model files that will be used to access the database easily through the Ada Database Objects library. The tool will also generate the SQL database schema so that everything is concistent from your UML model, to the Ada implementation and the database tables.
The short tutorial below indicates how to design a UML model with ArgoUML, generate the Ada model files, the SQL files and create the MySQL database.
The Dynamo tool is available at http://code.google.com/p/ada-gen.
To build Dynamo, you will need: